James Maddison scoops Football League award
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
James Maddison has been named the EFL young player-of-the-month for his stunning start to 2018.
Maddison scored three match-winning goals in a productive January that saw the Canaries pick up nine points from a possible 12.
The 21-year-old was on target against Millwall, Bristol City and Brentford.
Maddison has carried off a string of club awards during a breakthrough season and his stunning effort against the Bees also won the Championship goal-of-the-month.
'It's always nice to get recognition and to win an award after a good month,' he told the EFL's official site. 'I scored three winning goals which helped us get nine points and there was an assist included as well, so it was a pretty positive month.
You may also want to watch:
'To have a defining season you have to chip in with goals and big players come up with big moments, so I am delighted to be able to do that for the team.
'I'm getting a nice little collection, which is always welcome to show what a good season I've had so far - hopefully it can continue.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success