Yanic Wildschut blasted by Neil Warnock for costly error in Cardiff’s Championship promotion charge
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's on-loan midfielder Yanic Wildschut felt the wrath of Neil Warnock after his crucial mistake in Cardiff City's 3-1 Championship defeat at Derby County.
Late substitute Wildschut lost the ball in his own box in a move that led to Derby taking the lead late on in the East Midlands on Tuesday night, after former City team mate Cameron Jerome had drawn the hosts level.
Jerome then added a third to halt the Bluebirds' Premier League push and revive Fulham's flagging bid for automatic promotion in the process.
Wildschut's desperate attempts to rectify his error proved in vain - and there was little sympathy from Warnock.
'Before he went on, I told him to make sure if he's in the defensive half not to do anything silly, so he obviously listened to me, didn't he?,' said Warnock, with his second-placed side a point ahead of Fulham ahead of the final two league games.
You may also want to watch:
'We all make mistakes don't we and it's a good lesson, not just for him, but a good lesson for the other lads and I've been saying that to lads in different areas.
'It's a simple lesson you've got to learn and unfortunately for Yanic, it's a hard thing to learn.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 5 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 6 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
'If I'm really honest, the three substitutes I made, it made us a lot worse.
'I don't think it helped our cause at all. We tried to give a new lease of life at 1-1 and it didn't work out like that.'