Canaries’ loanee Joseph Yobo would not rule out a permanent Norwich City stay
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's on-loan defender Joseph Yobo would be interested in a permanent deal with the Canaries.
The 33-year-old has impressed since his January arrival from Turkish outfit Fenerbahce, but the Nigerian international is putting his own future on hold to help secure City's Premier League survival. Yobo has one year left on his existing deal with the Istanbul club and the experienced central defender is not ruling out a return to England.
'You never know. Everything is possible in football. I have enjoyed it here and I feel at home,' he said. 'I don't feel like I have been away too long from my family, who are still in Turkey, and the players have made me feel welcome. The only thing missing is that my family is not here, but I feel settled.
'It is up to Fenerbahce in Turkey. I have a contract with them but you never know what can happen. I am taking one day at a time and will review that situation at the end of the season. I am not getting into that right now. The most important thing is Norwich staying up and pushing up the league and other things will follow from that.'
Yobo could also be part of his country's World Cup bid this summer with the former Everton defender closing in on 100 caps for the Super Eagles, who he captained to the 2013 African Cup of Nations.
You may also want to watch:
'I had a hamstring strain that forced me to miss the last friendly,' he said. 'Since I came to Norwich I have said all along the most important thing for me is to help the football club. I am the captain of the national team and that has not changed but of course the World Cup is special for every player.
'I have been to two finals now, I missed out in 2006 because we didn't qualify, so that is an experience you want again. When it comes to the World Cup the most important thing is to be fit and ready to play a part and then I can make a decision.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 6 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend