MATCHDAY RECAP: Norwich City slip to first pre-season defeat in 2-1 loss to FC Union Berlin
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke's Canaries paid for sloppy defensive errors in a 2-1 friendly defeat to Bundesliga 2 side FC Union Berlin in Delbruck on Tuesday night.
Not even Jordan Rhodes' opening goal for the club he joined on loan from Sheffield Wednesday could avoid a first defeat of the pre-season build up.
Kenny Prince Redondo cashed in on uncertainty between Remi Matthews and his defence to nod the Reds in front.
Rhodes drew City level with a far post close range header after the break but the luckless Timm Klose diverted a cross past Matthews in the 68th minute in the deciding act.
Matt Gill's under-23s had a thumping 6-0 win over Borussia Dortmund's under-23s earlier on Tuesday at SV Lunen, with Adam Idah notching four goals and Anthony Spyrou adding a brace.
You may also want to watch:
Farke's players have won all four of their friendlies this summer and kicked off their German tour with a 3-2 win over SC Paderborn. City conclude their trip on Thursday against Bundesliga side VfL Wolfsburg.
- 1 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
• Re-live all the action in the blog.