MATCHDAY RECAP: Norwich City slip to first pre-season defeat in 2-1 loss to FC Union Berlin
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke's Canaries paid for sloppy defensive errors in a 2-1 friendly defeat to Bundesliga 2 side FC Union Berlin in Delbruck on Tuesday night.
Not even Jordan Rhodes' opening goal for the club he joined on loan from Sheffield Wednesday could avoid a first defeat of the pre-season build up.
Kenny Prince Redondo cashed in on uncertainty between Remi Matthews and his defence to nod the Reds in front.
Rhodes drew City level with a far post close range header after the break but the luckless Timm Klose diverted a cross past Matthews in the 68th minute in the deciding act.
Matt Gill's under-23s had a thumping 6-0 win over Borussia Dortmund's under-23s earlier on Tuesday at SV Lunen, with Adam Idah notching four goals and Anthony Spyrou adding a brace.
You may also want to watch:
Farke's players have won all four of their friendlies this summer and kicked off their German tour with a 3-2 win over SC Paderborn. City conclude their trip on Thursday against Bundesliga side VfL Wolfsburg.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
• Re-live all the action in the blog.