Norwich City v Leeds United: The Lowdown
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Can Norwich City halt Marcelo Bielsa's rampant Leeds United? Get in the mood with videos, quotes, team news and expected formations.
NORWICH TEAM NEWS
Daniel Farke will make a late call on Ivo Pinto (stomach cramps), Grant Hanley (shin injury) and Alex Tettey, after his midweek exertions against Preston. Farke also made reference on Friday to the workload of his front players.
Kenny McLean is ruled out until after the international break with ankle ligament damage. Mario Vrancic (pelvis) is back in training but not under consideration.
Russell Martin and Nelson Oliveira remain out of favour Matt Jarvis (knee) and Carlton Morris (knee) are longer term absentees.
You may also want to watch:
LEEDS TEAM NEWS
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 GP warns surgery 'is at breaking point' due to village expansion
Skipper Liam Cooper is likely to be out for three weeks with a hamstring problem. Stuart Dallas and Pontus Jansson have returned to the squad.
FROM THE DUGOUT
'Football is not chess between the coaches. It is not me versus Arsene Wenger or me versus Antonio Conte. I am modest, I know these big coaches have a great career and I don't want to compare myself with those.
'Of course, I have my philosophy, I want to win, I want Norwich City to win. It is not about me winning a chess match. I want my players to be successful and I will try to help them do that.
'I don't see this as a personal challenge between me and a legend like Marcelo Bielsa.'
'Norwich is a team that plays better than the points they have. They won their first game and their enthusiasm will be very high. I don't think I have to make changes (to the team) this Saturday, but I will next Tuesday (League Cup).
'When we have a problem we always try to find a solution, when we make a mistake we try to do that.'
Norwich (4-2-3-1): Krul, Pinto, Hanley, Klose, Lewis, Trybull, Thompson, Marshall, Leitner, Hernandez, Rhodes.
Leeds (4-1-4-1): Peacock-Farrell, Shackleton, Berardi, Ayling, Douglas, Phillips, Hernandez, Saiz, Klich, Alioski, Roofe.
BY THE BOOK
(Odds provided by SkyBet)
REFEREE – SIMON HOOPER
Still remembered in these parts for disallowing Cameron Jerome's overhead kick on the opening day of the 2015 Premier League season at home to Crystal Palace. A bit more of a good omen last season; City beat both Birmingham and Bristol City when Hooper was in charge.