Canaries keeper offers advice to young hopefuls
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City prospect Aston Oxborough was on hand to help the youngsters at Aylsham FC mark the end of their season.
The 20-year-old goalkeeper visited Youngs Park to present end-of-season awards to the Aylsham under-12s and give the club's goalkeepers some coaching tips.
Oxborough was capped at under-16 and U17 level by England when he was younger and was training with the Canaries first team during the second half of last season.
City's U23s keeper was also rewarded with a new contract in April, extending his deal until 2020, with the option of a further year.
'I played my youth football for Hemsby Hornets, a time I will always remember,' the City youngster said of his visit. 'It's great to see youngsters here at Aylsham celebrating their season.
You may also want to watch:
'I didn't have facilities like these at Youngs Park when I was playing at this age so the boys and girls are very lucky.'
Also joining in the goalkeeping training session was Aylsham's own Sam Blair, who is an U16 keeper at City, breaking into the U18 squad last season.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 5 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 6 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 7 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 8 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 9 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
'Aylsham will always be my club and it was great to join in with all the young goalkeepers,' said Blair. 'It is good to see that the club hold training sessions for goalkeepers. Big thanks to Aston for supporting them this evening.'