Nine Norwich City players set for action during the international break
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
International action for Norwich City's senior players begins on Thursday.
Marley Watkins is with Wales for a friendly in China (11.35am UK time) as Ryan Giggs begins his reign as manager, with the forward hoping to win his second cap.
Later in the day Tottenham loanee Marcus Edwards could be in action for the England U20s. Keith Downing's squad take on Poland at 5pm in Bielsku-Biale, ahead of a clash with Portugal at Manchester City's Academy Stadium next Tuesday (7pm).
The creative midfielder has five caps and two goals to his name at U20 level, out of 46 caps and 13 goals in total at youth international level, and was part of the England team which won the U19 European Championship last summer.
Grant Hanley and Kenny McLean are hoping to be play in Alex McLeish's first game since returning as Scotland manager, a friendly against Costa Rica at Hampden Park on Friday (7.45pm).
Centre-back Hanley has 28 caps for his country but hasn't played since a 2-0 World Cup qualifying win over Malta in September, being an unused substitute for the next two qualifiers and then not being called up for a 1-0 home friendly loss to Holland.
Midfielder McLean, on loan at Aberdeen, is hoping to win his third cap after playing all of that Holland game, with a friendly in Hungary to follow on Tuesday (7pm).
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 A47 reopens after it was closed for six hours due to crash
- 3 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 4 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 6 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 9 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 10 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
On Saturday left-back Jamal Lewis could win his first Northern Ireland senior cap during a friendly against South Korea in Belfast (2pm), with goalkeeper Michael McGovern also in the squad.
Angus Gunn and James Maddison start their England U21 duty with a friendly against Romania at West Brom's Hawthorns stadium on Saturday (5.15pm), before a friendly against Ukraine at Sheffield United's Bramall Lane stadium on Tuesday (6pm). Both games are live on BT Sport.
Young striker Adam Idah begins his international action tomorrow, as the Ireland U17s continue their European Championship qualification against Macedonia (4.30pm). It is the first of three Elite Round qualifiers in Poland during the break, with games against Georgia on Saturday (4.30pm) and the hosts on Tuesday (3.30pm) to follow.
Ebou Adams, on loan at Leyton Orient, was called up by Gambia for a friendly against Central African Republic on Friday but has not travelled due to club commitments, with the O's due to host Woking in the National League on Saturday.