Cut Angus Gunn some slack says Daniel Farke after QPR error
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke refused to blame Angus Gunn for his mistake that sparked a second half collapse from Norwich City in a 4-1 Championship rout at QPR.
The Manchester City starlet has been superb for the Canaries during a season long loan stint but was beaten in the air by the hosts' towering striker Matt Smith with the game poised at 1-1.
Smith then repeated the trick to out-muscle Christoph Zimmermann for an assist for Eberechi Eze to make it three before Ryan Manning sealed the emphatic win.
Manning's own goal put City in front prior to the interval before Massimo Luongo levelled within a minute.
'It was obviously a mistake from Angus. Everyone can see that,' said Farke.
You may also want to watch:
'Although he is nearly two metres tall and can then use his arms he lost that duel in the air against the striker.
' don't want to punish Angus. He played this season nearly with no mistakes.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 5 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 6 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 7 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 8 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 9 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
'He is a young player and sometimes you have to accept they have a poor day but he has been outstanding for us this season.
'We have to accept it was a crucial mistake.
'With a guy like him (Smith) you need to dominate possession but even then you know some balls will go into our box. You have to win the second balls against a player who is nearly two metres tall.
'We mentioned so much about him in the preparation of this game.
'We won 37pc of our duels and only 26pc of aerial duels.
'That is not enough to win games.'