Onel Hernandez ruled out; Grant Hanley and Alex Tettey ruled in for Norwich City’s Championship test against Fulham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Onel Hernandez is out of the Canaries' Good Friday Championship test against Fulham with a hamstring problem - but Daniel Farke confirmed some of his big hitters are fit for the Cottagers' visit.
Hernandez has sat out training after a hamstring problem that required intensive treatment over the international break.
Farke, however, confirmed on Thursday lunchtime at Colney Grant Hanley (shin splints), Nelson Oliveira (calf) and Alex Tettey (foot) are all back in contention.
'We have to be careful with the load (for Grant) because we have five games in 15 days so he may need a rest at some point, but he is available for tomorrow,' said Farke.
'Alex Tettey trained with the team on Saturday and has had several days with us. He's back for tomorrow. Nelson has trained with us since Friday and took part in all of the sessions since. He's available.'
Marley Watkins is likely to miss out along with Hernandez after returning from a long haul trip to China as part of the Welsh squad that reached the China Cup final.
'He played in China with seven hours difference and that hasn't helped us,' said Farke. 'He's quite jetlagged and I'm thinking about leaving him out of the squad for tomorrow.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 5 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 9 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 10 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
'Onel had some hamstring problems after the last game.
'He stretched the muscle a bit too far and we tried to get him fit for tomorrow but there is no chance. It seems like we will have to do without him against QPR as well which is sad because he was in good shape.'
Both Moritz Leitner (hamstring) and Tom Trybull (ankle/knee) are making good progress to return before the end of the season.
Matt Jarvis is yet to return to full training after a setback on his development comeback.
He is struggling a bit with some muscle injuries,' said Farke. 'Nothing to do with his former injuries. Maybe his body needs time to adapt.
'He is doing some individual stuff and I hope he can return to the team training soon. Hopefully he can return to the team training with the under-23s pretty soon.
'We have to make a decision on a daily basis with him.
'Moritz is on plan. We said Fulham would be too early, the same QPR. But we hope he could be available for the next home game against Aston Villa.
'Tom started on Wednesday with some running stuff. No chance for the next one or two weeks but pretty soon then he can return to a part of the team training and then a full part.
'It looks like he will be able to join us and play a few games before the end of the season.'
Louis Thompson (Achilles) is a longer term absentee.
• Re-live the main lines from the press conference in the blog above