Exclusive: Canaries winger set for January loan switch to Championship rivals
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City winger Yanic Wildschut is poised for a January loan move to Championship promotion-chasers Cardiff.
The 26-year-old Dutchman has made just 13 league starts for the Canaries since joining from Wigan in the same window last year, in a move that cost Norwich closer to £4m than the £7m figure originally circulated.
With limited involvement since the arrival of head coach Daniel Farke in the summer, Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock has swooped to sign the former Heerenveen and Middlesbrough forward on loan for the rest of this season.
The move is set to be confirmed before the weekend, with a possibility the deal could become permanent in the summer.
Wildschut still has 18 months left of the initial contract he signed last January, having made 29 appearances and scored two goals.
You may also want to watch:
He bagged the winner in City's acrimonious 1-0 victory at Sheffield United back in September, with the Blades due at Carrow Road next Saturday.
His first goal came in the 1-1 draw at Bristol City last March – the game that proved to be Alex Neil's last in charge, while Norwich head to Ashton Gate this weekend.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
City have actually lost just five of the 20 games Wildschut has appeared in this term.
Meanwhile, Doncaster boss Darren Ferguson has confirmed there are no concrete plans for Harry Toffolo to return on loan to Rovers this month.
The 22-year-old City academy product broke a bone in his foot at the end of last year and may not be fit until February.
The full-back and FA Youth Cup winner is out of contract in the summer and hasn't featured for City's first team since their 6-1 League Cup win over Coventry back in August 2016.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…