‘Never write my boys off’ roared Daniel Farke after Canaries’ breathless 4-3 comeback win against Millwall
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke admitted his Norwich City braves never know when they are beaten, after hitting back twice in stoppage time to seal a remarkable 4-3 Championship win against Millwall at Carrow Road.
Jordan Rhodes and Teemu Pukki plundered late, late goals to spark euphoric scenes between players, coaches and fans following a dramatic fifth consecutive league win.
Norwich returned to the top, ahead of Leeds' game at West Brom later on Saturday evening, and Farke hailed his players' latest response to adversity.
'I can only praise the lads and tell you how proud I am of this group. I am pretty happy man this evening,' he said. 'Someone told me, I forgot it, that I was on the pitch and doing a sliding tackle. I hope it wasn't a dive and that no-one has this scene on the camera.
'The last minutes were so emotional and to turn this game after being 3-2 down after 86 minutes is unbelievable.
You may also want to watch:
'I have worked in professional football since I was 18 so you can have these nights but maybe two or three times.
'There were so many turning points in this game and so many things that went against us. I told the players afterwards, 'You can't normally win this game but we managed to do it.'
- 1 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
'That is what happens when you are full of spirit, full of commitment and with an extraordinary attitude and that is what we showed on the pitch.'