Norwich City v Sheffield Wednesday - press conference headlines
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke delivered an upbeat injury bulletin ahead of ahead of Norwich City's Championship test against Sheffield Wednesday.
Marley Watkins is fit and available after his groin problem while both Jamal Lewis and Alex Tettey are back in full training, although Farke admitted on Friday afternoon the Owls' visit will come too soon for the duo.
'Marley Watkins is available for this weekend,' he said. 'In general, we have lots of good news. It's the first week and first time we've had 23 players on the pitch. Marley can return to the squad.
'Jamal and Alex are back in training. Jamal has been back for eight days and he made an appearance for the Under-23s last week.
'Jamal shined a lot during pre-season. He is a very focused young lad. We believe that he will be able to have a lot of minutes when he's back with 100% in the New Year. He has pace, lots of ability and will be important for us.
'Alex has been in full training since Wednesday but it's a little too early for the squad tomorrow for both of them. They should be available for the Leeds game. We were tempted to bring both of them back in for Saturday but it's too soon. Good news to have a balance between attacking and defensively-minded players. It's look brighter than before.'
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 8 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 9 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 10 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
Cameron Jerome is fully over the injections he had in a foot injury while Tom Trybull is poised to return to the starting XI after his hip injury.
James Husband (groin) and Steven Naismith (ankle) are not in contention but Naismith did train on Friday with the club's development squad and could feature on Sunday against Middlesbrough's development squad.
'Tom Trybull is available and he could be in the starting line-up for Saturday,' said Farke. 'Cameron Jerome had problems with his foot but he's okay. He has done a full programme this week. We have many options and things looks a lot brighter. James Husband will return to the training process next week. Steven had a session with the 23s today, as we were preparing for the game. He will train tomorrow as well and we are thinking of giving him some minutes perhaps in the under-23 game.'
Matt Jarvis, Remi Matthews and Louis Thompson remain longer absentees.
• Re-live the main lines from the press conference in the window above.