My lads showed bottle. Daniel Farke salutes his Norwich City braves
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke hailed Norwich City's character to end their wretched Championship winless run against Sheffield Wednesday.
The Canaries were heading for another miserable Carrow Road outing when Jordan Rhodes headed the Owls in front but James Maddison, Timm Klose and Nelson Oliveira sealed a first league win since beating Ipswich on October 22.
'I was pretty sure we had this win today,' said Farke. 'I think a well deserved win. I got the feeling in the first half we were the better team and had the better chances.
'They got the goal and for 15 minutes we struggled a bit. That is normal when you are in a run like we are. It is not so easy with the nerves but after that we were really good and created a lot of chances.
'The second half was brilliant. We didn't give away one chance. We could have easily scored more than three goals.
'I am just pleased that for the first time we have scored more than two this season in the league. For that, I am really happy.
'Just compliments for the lads and the performance.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 5 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 6 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 8 Crews battle overnight house fire in north Norfolk
- 9 Several roads closed in King's Lynn due to crash and police incident
- 10 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
'It says a lot about the character. It is always so difficult to have the first win after such a tough run.
'Even more so, when you know we are struggling at home and after a solid first half you are back in the dressing room 1-0 down.
'Sheffield were here on a seven game unbeaten run. We had to be disciplined and brave and not to be too annoyed or lose our nerve.
'It shows a good togetherness and physically we are in a good condition with the right mentality.'