‘We were close to a big sensation’ - Daniel Farke hails his FA Cup battlers after Chelsea draw
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke felt Norwich City deserved to cause an FA Cup upset in a 0-0 third round draw against the Premier League champions.
Farke switched to three at the back to counter Antonio Conte's visitors, and the two sides fought out an evenly-matched affair on Saturday evening at Carrrow Road.
Neither keeper was really tested as City forced a Stamford Bridge replay later this month.
'It was obvious that we were pretty close to a win,' said Farke. 'The first half was absolutely brilliant. We dominated. They didn't even have one shot on our goal and we had chances to score.
'Chelsea had more chances in the second half and some corners.
You may also want to watch:
'Perhaps they had some advantages but we still had our chances. A draw is a totally fair result. We are a bit disappointed because it is not that often you are so close to beating a giant like Chelsea in the FA Cup.
'I felt we deserved to be really celebrating. Right now we have a replay at Chelsea. For our fans and our club a really good moment. But the additional load for the league is not so easy.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 7 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 10 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
'At least I can just praise the lads and nothing but compliments.
'When you face an opponent who has obviously higher individual quality then you need a plan or you don't stand a chance. We had the right attitude and we mirrored them to try and put their strengths away, to close the spaces and work on our topics when we are in possession.
'The guys had a plan and were able to fulfil it on the pitch. We were so close to a big sensation. Everything worked but a bit sad not to have this lucky punch for a determining goal.'