‘If you speak about our chances it is 2 or 3 per cent’ - Daniel Farke on Norwich City’s task at Chelsea
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke is looking forward to a pressure-free ride against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
Antonio Conte's squad have failed to win any of their last four, in a fitful defence of their Premier League crown.
A major tilt at the FA Cup now appears imperative for the Blues, but City's head coach is out to make life uncomfortable for the high rollers in Wednesday's televised third round replay.
'With recent results we can really enjoy this game at Chelsea.
'We take it as a gift, a present for our club and supporters,' he said. 'We were brilliant in the League Cup at Arsenal and we feel there is still more in the cup story. It is not so easy to repeat it three times in a row against a giant.
'You also need a special day and perhaps hope a giant like Chelsea is not there with their best.
'In one game everything is possible. Maybe if you speak about our chances it is 2 or 3pc. We have sold an important player in Alex Pritchard, we have injuries, Chelsea is at home. We take this challenge and we will see what happens.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 5 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 6 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 7 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 8 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 9 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?
'I would prefer it if they had won their last four and then would maybe be paying less attention to this game.'
There will be pressure on them for the fact they haven't scored for three games. Chelsea will maybe be focusing on the FA Cup to win a trophy.
'The league title will normally go to Manchester City so they have to focus on the cups more.'
MORE: Have your say on our Pinkun forumCity's stirring League Cup extra-time defeat at Arsenal earlier this season was notable for a bullish confidence to attack the Premier League side rather than simply cling on defensively at the Emirates.
'We have to be brave in our possession and our pressing.
'If you just stay compact then there will be a situation when the quality is too high and they can score,' he said. 'We showed at Arsenal we can be good in possession and cause them problems. The situation is maybe not similar to Arsenal, because we had four of five weeks with midweek games, or the Christmas period of five games in 14 days.
'Now we have a spell with not so many midweek games so the load is not as high. We want to be successful against Sheffield United this weekend but also Chelsea.'
Farke is untroubled by the prospect of bigt hitters like Eden Hazard coming in.
'They can't have a weak line-up. When you have to face Pedro and Willian I don't think there is a big difference,' he said. 'I expect them to have a strong squad, and that's what we're preparing for.'
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt on the following channels…