‘It was a world class stop’ - Angus Gunn earns a gold star from Daniel Farke after Bristol City heroics
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
James Maddison's eighth goal of the season sunk Bristol City 1-0 in the Championship but the Canaries were indebted to a wonderful late point blank stop from Angus Gunn.
Gunn flung himself to parry Josh Brownhill's strike six yards out in stoppage time to earn a fourth clean sheet in five unbeaten games for the Canaries.
Daniel Farke savoured one of the best wins of his City career after a gruelling week that saw the sale of Alex Pritchard and fresh injury problems.
'Each and every win is good. Full of worth,' he said. 'To be there with this togetherness is a pretty high rank in my list and a wonderful evening for us.
'To be honest after this week to be there with such an important away win at Bristol, who had scored 40 goals this season. They have a spicy atmosphere here.
'I can only praise my lads today. it was a tough week in personal terms. We lost two players, we had injury problems and travelled with a really thin squad. We had a special plan and it totally worked.
'It was a well-deserved win and I am happy to end a tough week in such a positive way.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 5 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 6 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 7 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 8 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
- 9 Nine fire crews tackle blaze at industrial estate
- 10 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
We were brilliant in our defending behaviour and we had five or six good situations in the first half and we must be in the lead.
'You know it can't go on like this in the second half because Bristol must react. There will be some situations and from the 50th to the 70th minute there was a lot of pressure from corners, throw ins and high balls.
'They had maybe one shot that touched the crossbar. That was a bit spicy.
After 70 minutes we had the feeling we had the game more under control.
'We had a brilliant situation just before the goal when James Maddison passed the ball too early. Angus Gunn made an unbelievable save. He didn't have to do much in the game but we needed him and it was a world class save.
'I am really pleased because the lads deserved it 100pc. Right now they are allowed to.'