Freak injury blow for Norwich City captain Ivo Pinto
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ivo Pinto is out of the Championship trip to Brentford with a knee problem caused by climbing out of his car.
City head coach Daniel Farke revealed on Friday afternoon at Colney he must find a replacement for the Portuguese full back for the trip to Griffin Park.
His knee is swollen,' he said. 'We were really concerned, but the doctors say he is available for next week. He's had a heavy load and hasn't had any problems, but unfortunately he injured himself leaving his car.
'We know we are a bit weak in our depth in the right full-back position, but we have players who have played there before – Tom Trybull, Alex Tettey, Harrison Reed, Marley Watkins.'
Mario Vrancic (gashed shin) and Wes Hoolahan (back) also miss out but Trybull returns following a back problem.
You may also want to watch:
'Tom is much improved and returned to team training on Wednesday,' said Farke. 'Perhaps it's a bit too early for the starting line-up, but he can be involved.
'Vrancic has a deep cut on his leg after getting hit in training, so we've had to do without him for two days. So we have to decide whether to take a risk with Mario, or to bring Tom back in.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Man and woman found dead in home
'We have some problems with Wes Hoolahan, who had some pain in his back, and it's too risky for him to be part of the squad.'
Farke is hopeful he will have all three new signings in the squad for Brentford, although club officials are still awaiting clearance for striker Dennis Srbeny. Both Onel Hernandez and Moritz Leitner are available.
'We are waiting for the final confirmation for Dennis,' said Farke. 'For Onel Hernandez and Moritz Leitner everything is done with their registration so they are allowed to play.
'It's a little doubtful, but we're confident it should be OK – we have to wait on the FA and the German FA.
'Today was the first proper session today with all of the lads, but we will decide on an individual basis whether they will be in the squad. Moritz is experienced so shouldn't need so long to adapt to a new club.
'But we will speak to the physios and the sports scientists to get a bigger picture.
'They're out of the mid-season break in Germany and have played games, so they're in a good shape. All three could be involved in the squad for Saturday hopefully, but we'll see.'
Matt Jarvis and Louis Thompson remain on the sidelines.
• Click on the window to re-live the main lines from the press conference.