‘Seriously, what has happened to Norwich City?’ – Supporters vent their anger after seventh loss in 10 games
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's run of four seemingly favourable festive fixtures got off to a dreadful start against Brentford – prompting furious boos at Carrow Road.
Daniel Farke's team were outplayed and outfought by the Bees to fall to a seventh defeat in 10 Championship matches and increases fears for what 2018 will bring.
The visitors' top scorer Ollie Watkins rattled a post in just the second minute but City rallied and both Timm Klose and Marley Watkins went close with headers midway through the first half, only for Brentford to quickly score twice.
Danish dangerman Lasse Vibe scored both goals in similar style, being slipped in behind the Canaries defence by Romaine Sawyers and firing past Angus Gunn into the bottom-right corner.
Mario Vrancic clipped the bar with a shot in the second half but the biggest cheer from the home supporters came as academy product Jamal Lewis made his debut – until Nelson Oliveira sparked late hope with a thumping finish in the first minute of injury time. However, it was too little, too late as confidence hit rock bottom ahead of Boxing Day's trip to lowly Birmingham City.
You may also want to watch:
Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low