‘This is a special time for the club’ – Canaries fans thrilled to see starlets play key role in comeback victory
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Back on top of the table, with academy youngsters playing well and another goal for top scorer Teemu Pukki – life is good for fans of league-leading Norwich City right now.
The Canaries bounced back from a disappointing first half in which Richie Towell had put Rotherham ahead after an error from keeper Tim Krul early in the first half and the Millers also hit the post soon after.
But local lad Todd Cantwell equalised with his first senior goal for City in the 55th minute and then set up Max Aarons for the crucial goal in the 71st minute, crossing for the right-back to head home.
Pukki then made sure of the victory in the 84th minute when he turned home a simple chance, created by the persistence of Marco Stiepermann.
With Leeds having won 1-0 at Sheffield United in the day's early kick-off to move above the Canaries into first place in the Championship, the win saw Daniel Farke's team reclaim top spot, with their 11th win in 14 league games.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder