‘Lacked creativity. Let’s move on. Still top of the league’ – City fans stay positive after drab draw at Hull
- Credit: Matt Wilkinson/Focus Images Ltd
It may have been a below par performance to draw 0-0 at Hull but Norwich City remain top of the Championship table.
A first goalless draw of the campaign for Daniel Farke's men brought a very frustrating end to a six-game winning streak, which continues now as a seven-game unbeaten run.
Tom Trybull went close twice for the Canaries before the break but it was mostly a grim first half to match the horrid wet and windy conditions on Humberside, as lowly Hull did their best to disrupt the in-form visitors.
It was Trybull again who missed the big chance for Norwich after the break, somehow heading wide from five yards after a wonderful Max Aarons cross from the right in the 69th minute.
It was a disappointing night but with Middlesbrough held to a 1-1 draw at Preston, Farke's side remain top, a point ahead of Leeds, who beat Reading 1-0. The Canaries return to Carrow Road action on Saturday when they host Rotherham United.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 2 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 3 Afternoon tea at Norwich tea room named one of best in UK
- 4 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 5 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 6 Three teenagers saved after inflatable gets blown out to sea
- 7 Delays ease on A47 near Dereham after four-vehicle crash
- 8 Richard Osman visits city shop while filming for BBC show
- 9 Artist dies just weeks after Covid cancellation of psychiatrist appointment
- 10 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing