‘Lacked creativity. Let’s move on. Still top of the league’ – City fans stay positive after drab draw at Hull
- Credit: Matt Wilkinson/Focus Images Ltd
It may have been a below par performance to draw 0-0 at Hull but Norwich City remain top of the Championship table.
A first goalless draw of the campaign for Daniel Farke's men brought a very frustrating end to a six-game winning streak, which continues now as a seven-game unbeaten run.
Tom Trybull went close twice for the Canaries before the break but it was mostly a grim first half to match the horrid wet and windy conditions on Humberside, as lowly Hull did their best to disrupt the in-form visitors.
It was Trybull again who missed the big chance for Norwich after the break, somehow heading wide from five yards after a wonderful Max Aarons cross from the right in the 69th minute.
It was a disappointing night but with Middlesbrough held to a 1-1 draw at Preston, Farke's side remain top, a point ahead of Leeds, who beat Reading 1-0. The Canaries return to Carrow Road action on Saturday when they host Rotherham United.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man and woman found dead in home
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town