‘Playing football sadly we can only dream about’ – City fans react to Leeds lesson at Carrow Road
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters offer their thoughts following Saturday afternoon's 3-0 Championship defeat to early pace-setters Leeds United at Carrow Road.
The Canaries were dispatched thanks in large part to two Leeds goals in the space of five first-half minutes, from Mateusz Klich and Ezgjan Alioski respectively.
Pablo Hernandez then sealed victory midway through the second half with a lovely third goal, to send United back to the top of the division.
For City's part, Tim Krul's involvement in those first two goals will have fans worried – along with a third defeat from just five league games.
City follow this weekend with an awkward second-round Carabao Cup tie in Wales on Tuesday night (7.45pm) against Neil Warnock's Premier League new boys Cardiff City – Josh Murphy included.
It's then on to Sunday and the first East Anglian derby of the season, when City face Ipswich Town at Portman Road (12pm) for Paul Hurst's first experience of the fixture since being named Town boss in the summer.
That is the final action before the first international break of the season.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 5 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 6 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 7 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 9 Crews battle overnight house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Fighter jet heard roaring over Norwich in night time training exercise
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…