‘Playing football sadly we can only dream about’ – City fans react to Leeds lesson at Carrow Road
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters offer their thoughts following Saturday afternoon's 3-0 Championship defeat to early pace-setters Leeds United at Carrow Road.
The Canaries were dispatched thanks in large part to two Leeds goals in the space of five first-half minutes, from Mateusz Klich and Ezgjan Alioski respectively.
Pablo Hernandez then sealed victory midway through the second half with a lovely third goal, to send United back to the top of the division.
For City's part, Tim Krul's involvement in those first two goals will have fans worried – along with a third defeat from just five league games.
City follow this weekend with an awkward second-round Carabao Cup tie in Wales on Tuesday night (7.45pm) against Neil Warnock's Premier League new boys Cardiff City – Josh Murphy included.
You may also want to watch:
It's then on to Sunday and the first East Anglian derby of the season, when City face Ipswich Town at Portman Road (12pm) for Paul Hurst's first experience of the fixture since being named Town boss in the summer.
That is the final action before the first international break of the season.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…