‘The reaction at the end said it all’ – Canaries fans sum up their feelings as Stoke dig in
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans react to their side's first defeat in nine games, as Stoke pinch victory at Carrow Road.
Timm Klose's own goal in the first half settled matters, despite Daniel Farke's Canaries huffing and puffing throughout the 90 minutes.
It was City's first defeat since a 3-0 reverse at home to Leeds in August. Meanwhile, victory was Stoke's first on the road this season.
The defeat left City slipping to eighth in the division, although still well placed a quarter of the way into the season.
As for Stoke, they moved within two points of the Canaries – sitting 16th.
You may also want to watch:
The second international break of the season followed the weekend's action. On their Saturday, October 20 (3pm) return, City head to Nottingham Forest before a Tuesday night visit from Aston Villa (7.45pm).
The high flying Bees of Brentford then follow at Carrow Road four days later.
- 1 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…