Alex Tettey, Grant Hanley and Mario Vrancic are fresh injury concerns for Norwich City’s FA Cup trip to Chelsea
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Tettey, Grant Hanley and Mario Vrancic are doubts for Norwich City's FA Cup third round replay at Chelsea on Wednesday.
Head coach Daniel Farke confirmed at Colney on Tuesday afternoon he will not risk all three for the trip to Stamford Bridge, ahead of Sheffield United's Championship visit this weekend.
Tettey is suffering fatigue from his recent workload, while Vrancic has had a sickness bug in the last 24 hours and Hanley is nursing a calf problem.
Tom Trybull (back) is also ruled out as he undergoes a course of injections but Marley Watkins comes back into the mix after a knee issue.
'He has some injections for his back, and he probably won't be available for the weekend either,' said Farke. 'He has to have injections for a few days and if everything goes fine he should be in training in the middle of next week.
'But if the injections don't work we'll have to wait and see and look at other options.
'Mario Vrancic has been sick this week, but is available. Alex is pretty tired so we have to make a decision on him, while Grant has a few problems with his calves – so I can't see all three in the starting line-up. But I can't see too many changes.'
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 4 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 5 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 6 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 7 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 8 Met Office to build 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar after winning appeal
- 9 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 10 7 riverside walks to try in Norfolk with a pub pit stop
Farke also revealed he expects Cameron Jerome to seal a move to Derby in the next 24 hours and Russell Martin to complete his loan switch to Glasgow.
Martin is currently in Glasgow to undergo a medical while Jerome has been given permission to travel to the East Midlands to finalise a move.
City unveiled Tottenham loan signing Marcus Edwards on Monday night but the 19-year-old midfielder is ineligible for the cup tie.
Matt Jarvis and Louis Thompson remain longer term injury absentees absentees.
• Click on the window above to re-live the main lines from the press conference.