Alex Tettey, Grant Hanley and Mario Vrancic are fresh injury concerns for Norwich City’s FA Cup trip to Chelsea
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Tettey, Grant Hanley and Mario Vrancic are doubts for Norwich City's FA Cup third round replay at Chelsea on Wednesday.
Head coach Daniel Farke confirmed at Colney on Tuesday afternoon he will not risk all three for the trip to Stamford Bridge, ahead of Sheffield United's Championship visit this weekend.
Tettey is suffering fatigue from his recent workload, while Vrancic has had a sickness bug in the last 24 hours and Hanley is nursing a calf problem.
Tom Trybull (back) is also ruled out as he undergoes a course of injections but Marley Watkins comes back into the mix after a knee issue.
'He has some injections for his back, and he probably won't be available for the weekend either,' said Farke. 'He has to have injections for a few days and if everything goes fine he should be in training in the middle of next week.
You may also want to watch:
'But if the injections don't work we'll have to wait and see and look at other options.
'Mario Vrancic has been sick this week, but is available. Alex is pretty tired so we have to make a decision on him, while Grant has a few problems with his calves – so I can't see all three in the starting line-up. But I can't see too many changes.'
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
Farke also revealed he expects Cameron Jerome to seal a move to Derby in the next 24 hours and Russell Martin to complete his loan switch to Glasgow.
Martin is currently in Glasgow to undergo a medical while Jerome has been given permission to travel to the East Midlands to finalise a move.
City unveiled Tottenham loan signing Marcus Edwards on Monday night but the 19-year-old midfielder is ineligible for the cup tie.
Matt Jarvis and Louis Thompson remain longer term injury absentees absentees.
• Click on the window above to re-live the main lines from the press conference.