Grant Hanley and Ivo Pinto feature as Norwich City’s U23s suffer 1-0 Premier League Cup defeat
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Grant Hanley and Ivo Pinto played 90 minutes in Norwich City's 1- 0 Premier League Cup defeat to Nottingham Forest's U23s on Friday night at Colney.
Hanley stepped up his recovery from a long term quad problem with a second consecutive outing at development level as an over-age outfield player.
Pinto also featured in an experienced Canaries' backline as he bides his time for a chance at first team level behind Max Aarons.
City's wait for a first win in the competition this season goes on after a previous 3-0 loss to Leicester City's Under-23s in Group D and a 1-1 draw at Exeter City.
The table-topping Reds maintained their 100pc record, with Jordan Gabriel slotting from close range in the 14th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Idah and Tom Scully had the best chances for the hosts' to get back on level terms prior to the interval. Saul Milovanovic's close range effort just before the hour mark struck the side netting.
Reds' keeper Jordan Smith denied Scully with an acrobatic stop from Smith's free kick.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
Billy Johnson prevented Virgil Gomis from doubling the visitors' lead in the closing minutes with a smothering close range save.
• Norwich City U23s: Johnson, Pinto, Thomas, Odusina, Hanley, Milovanovic, Scully, Payne, Idah, Coley, Kamal (Power 62). Subs (not used): Jones, Hayes, Thorvaldsson.