Todd Cantwell is making waves at Fortuna Sittard
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Todd Cantwell is loving life on loan at Fortuna Sittard.
The 20-year-old is a leading figure in Fortuna's bid for promotion to the Dutch top flight after a loan move from Norwich City until the end of the season.
The Dereham-bred prospect, who made his senior Norwich City debut at Chelsea in the FA Cup, scored his first professional goal at NEC last month before a key role in a 3-0 derby win over MVV Maastricht.
Third-placed Sittard head to Eindhoven on Friday and Cantwell is not looking too far into the future.
'It is for the two clubs to decide when we get to the end of the season where they see me. For me, I am just enjoying my football,' he said in an interview with Radio Fortuna. 'I'm over the moon with the move. I just want to play football.
'There is a little bit of a difference but football is the same wherever you go. You have to enjoy it, you have to win games, you have to play as a team and Fortuna are doing this at the moment.
'We just have to concentrate on the next game, keep winning and if that means we win the championship then so be it.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after serious crash
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 4 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 5 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 6 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 7 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 8 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 9 'Great relief' as vets rule out foot and mouth disease at Norfolk farm
- 10 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth
'Promotion is something in the back of our minds but let's take it game-by-game.
'To score my first goal was fantastic. It was just a shame not to get the three points as well but away from home at NEC, they are a good team. We are going in the right direction.'