Daniel Farke moves to reassure fans Jordan Rhodes and Timm Klose are staying
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke does not expect Jordan Rhodes and Timm Klose to leave Norwich City in January.
Farke confirmed Rhodes, who is eligible to face Portsmouth on Saturday in the cup, will not return to his parent club Sheffield Wednesday following the appointment of Steve Bruce, while Klose's contract situation is not causing the head coach any sleepless nights.
The Swiss international is approaching the final months of his current Carrow Road deal.
'Timm is a great guy. Unbelievably consistent performances and a big threat from set pieces with four goals already,' said Farke. 'I am totally thankful I am allowed to work with him every day. I want that to happen for the next few months and hopefully even longer.
'That is a topic for Stuart Webber and the board to find a solution. We see how it develops but I enjoy working with him. He is a leader.
You may also want to watch:
'With Jordan, Steve Bruce is a pretty experienced coach and would know what Jordan Rhodes can be. But even if there was a wish on his part no chance.
'Jordan is committed to us the whole season and we won't let him go and he will stay with us. No problem.'
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 3 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 4 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 5 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 6 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 7 Man died after lorry crashed into litter picking vans on A11
- 8 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears