Give your player ratings on City’s win over Sheffield Wednesday
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City picked up their first victory in eight Championship matches with a 3-1 home win over Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday evening – and here's your chance to rate how the Canaries players performed.
City found themselves behind at half-time thanks to a well-worked opener from former Ipswich striker Jordan Rhodes.
However second-half goals from James Maddison, Timm Klose and Nelson Oliveira turned the entire Carrow Road atmosphere on its head – and with it, City's home supporters could relish their first win in exactly three months.
Rhodes' cute opener had left a disgruntled Carrow Road ready to burst – but City's trio of salvos made life look a whole lot brighter for Daniel Farke's Canaries.
Alex Pritchard – starting for the first time this season following injury – made the equaliser that Maddison took in his stride, before Klose's bullet header dispatched Maddison's corner.
You may also want to watch:
Oliveira was then on hand from 12 yards after Harrison Reed was dumped to the floor by Barry Bannan in the penalty box, in a last-minute counter.
City had gone seven games without a league win before Saturday evening, their previous victory coming at East Anglian derby rivals Ipswich back in October.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 10 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
But Carrow Road's wait for a Championship victory had been far greater. It was September 9 when the Canaries beat Birmingham 1-0 – exactly three months ago to the day of their next success.
• Let us know your ratings above