Give your player ratings on City’s win over Sheffield Wednesday
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City picked up their first victory in eight Championship matches with a 3-1 home win over Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday evening – and here's your chance to rate how the Canaries players performed.
City found themselves behind at half-time thanks to a well-worked opener from former Ipswich striker Jordan Rhodes.
However second-half goals from James Maddison, Timm Klose and Nelson Oliveira turned the entire Carrow Road atmosphere on its head – and with it, City's home supporters could relish their first win in exactly three months.
Rhodes' cute opener had left a disgruntled Carrow Road ready to burst – but City's trio of salvos made life look a whole lot brighter for Daniel Farke's Canaries.
Alex Pritchard – starting for the first time this season following injury – made the equaliser that Maddison took in his stride, before Klose's bullet header dispatched Maddison's corner.
Oliveira was then on hand from 12 yards after Harrison Reed was dumped to the floor by Barry Bannan in the penalty box, in a last-minute counter.
City had gone seven games without a league win before Saturday evening, their previous victory coming at East Anglian derby rivals Ipswich back in October.
- 1 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 4 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 5 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 6 Dash cams help police prosecute 400 drivers in a year
- 7 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 8 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 9 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 10 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
But Carrow Road's wait for a Championship victory had been far greater. It was September 9 when the Canaries beat Birmingham 1-0 – exactly three months ago to the day of their next success.
• Let us know your ratings above