WATCH: Highlights from Norwich City’s 3-1 Championship win against Aston Villa - and THAT sensational Josh Murphy hit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City hit the heights at Carrow Road in a 3-1 Championship win to dent Aston Villa's promotion charge on Saturday.
Josh Murphy was superb in a potent attacking display capped by a first half strike of pure quality. The wide player then carved open the visitors twice after the break, with Dennis Srbeny opening his account for the club and James Maddison adding a third.
Jack Grealish had briefly threatened to stage a comeback but the Canaries were full-value for a seventh home league win of the season.
Daniel Farke made four changes to his starting line up from the side that capitulated 4-1 at QPR on Easter Monday. Jamal Lewis replaced James Husband with Timm Klose preferred to Christoph Zimmermann.
Alex Tettey returned with Wes Hoolahan dropping to the bench and Srbeny justified Farke's faith after getting the nod ahead of Nelson Oliveira.
City's win moved them above arch rivals Ipswich Town, who lost 1-0 at Brentford, and Norwich will aim to maintain that gap when they go to relegation-threatened Sunderland on Tuesday.
- 1 Screams of daughter run over by her dad heard by murder jury
- 2 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 3 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 4 Couple who transformed old mill into unique new home put it up for sale
- 5 New headteacher appointed at village high school
- 6 Plans for 13 new homes near historic former railway line
- 7 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 8 Primary school left without governors after mass walkout
- 9 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 10 Some of the best pictures from day two of the Royal Norfolk Show
• Watch the key moments from City's uplifting Carrow Road victory.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt on the following channels…