WATCH: Highlights from Norwich City’s 3-1 Championship win against Aston Villa - and THAT sensational Josh Murphy hit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City hit the heights at Carrow Road in a 3-1 Championship win to dent Aston Villa's promotion charge on Saturday.
Josh Murphy was superb in a potent attacking display capped by a first half strike of pure quality. The wide player then carved open the visitors twice after the break, with Dennis Srbeny opening his account for the club and James Maddison adding a third.
Jack Grealish had briefly threatened to stage a comeback but the Canaries were full-value for a seventh home league win of the season.
Daniel Farke made four changes to his starting line up from the side that capitulated 4-1 at QPR on Easter Monday. Jamal Lewis replaced James Husband with Timm Klose preferred to Christoph Zimmermann.
Alex Tettey returned with Wes Hoolahan dropping to the bench and Srbeny justified Farke's faith after getting the nod ahead of Nelson Oliveira.
You may also want to watch:
City's win moved them above arch rivals Ipswich Town, who lost 1-0 at Brentford, and Norwich will aim to maintain that gap when they go to relegation-threatened Sunderland on Tuesday.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 6 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
• Watch the key moments from City's uplifting Carrow Road victory.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt on the following channels…