WATCH: Highlights from Norwich City’s 3-1 Championship win against Aston Villa - and THAT sensational Josh Murphy hit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City hit the heights at Carrow Road in a 3-1 Championship win to dent Aston Villa's promotion charge on Saturday.
Josh Murphy was superb in a potent attacking display capped by a first half strike of pure quality. The wide player then carved open the visitors twice after the break, with Dennis Srbeny opening his account for the club and James Maddison adding a third.
Jack Grealish had briefly threatened to stage a comeback but the Canaries were full-value for a seventh home league win of the season.
Daniel Farke made four changes to his starting line up from the side that capitulated 4-1 at QPR on Easter Monday. Jamal Lewis replaced James Husband with Timm Klose preferred to Christoph Zimmermann.
Alex Tettey returned with Wes Hoolahan dropping to the bench and Srbeny justified Farke's faith after getting the nod ahead of Nelson Oliveira.
You may also want to watch:
City's win moved them above arch rivals Ipswich Town, who lost 1-0 at Brentford, and Norwich will aim to maintain that gap when they go to relegation-threatened Sunderland on Tuesday.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 4 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 6 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 7 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 8 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 9 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
• Watch the key moments from City's uplifting Carrow Road victory.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt on the following channels…