Cameron Jerome reportedly offered new contract by Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have reportedly offered a new contract to striker Cameron Jerome.
After a prolific first campaign with the Canaries, scoring 21 goals to help achieve promotion to the Premier League, the 29-year-old struggled for form in the top flight last season.
Just three goals in 35 games saw the former Stoke and Birmingham forward come in for criticism from some City supporters.
The Mirror however are reporting that Jerome has now been offered a new deal, ahead of his current contract expiring next summer.
The report also claims that Middlesbrough are still interested in signing the striker following their promotion to the Premier League and City's relegation back to the Championship.
You may also want to watch:
With loan strikers Dieumerci Mbokani and Patrick Bamford not likely to return for next season Jerome is City's only front-line forward option available at present.
Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Kyle Lafferty are both due back from loans away from the club but have garnered little favour from manager Alex Neil during his time with the club so far.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 8 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 9 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 10 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
Steven Naismith joined the Canaries for around £8million in January but has generally been used as a support striker or in wide positions so far.
That leaves just young strikers Carlton Morris and Jamar Loza as other forward options.
Morris, 20, scored eight goals while on loan with Hamilton in the Scottish Premiership last season and Loza, 22, finished the season on loan in League One with Southend – with the Jamaica international out of contract this summer, although the club does retain the option for a further year.