Cameron Jerome - Back to business for Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City hot-shot Cameron Jerome wants no let up from the Championship table toppers as they return to action against Fulham this weekend.
Jerome's sixth league goal for the club helped the Canaries go into the international break leading the chasing pack, but the 28-year-old warns the hard work has only just begun for Neil Adams' squad.
'Being a strong group and having the quality does not give you a divine right to get promoted. You have to deserve it,' he said. 'It's a long season but we have had a good start in what is a transitional period with a lot of new faces through the door. We just have to churn the results out. We are there to be shot at as one of the scalps and the boys know that.
'If I look at the Championship over the past two years or so, for me, it's the most competitive league in England. There are so many traditional big clubs who have come down for a while or just come down and not quite managed to get back up.
'There are some good players in this league, it is really competitive and the financial benefits for getting into the Premier League are so great now that adds the extra edge, from a business point of view. We know it's important to get back as soon as possible.'
You may also want to watch:
Jerome's early goal rush since his summer move from Stoke suggests he could be set for his best season in front of goal since plundering 18 league goals at this level for Cardiff in 2006.
'It is nice to score in the early days to take off any added pressure that you put on yourself, because you want to contribute,' he said. 'For us to be winning as well means the confidence is there throughout the squad.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
'I'm always confident if I get a chance in front of goal I will stick it away but I don't have any goal target. If I score 50 or 10 or none at all the main thing is promotion.'