‘Farke’s team selection really cost us’ – Canaries fans annoyed by approach to drab draw at Burton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Making six changes to the starting XI ahead of Norwich City's drab 0-0 draw at Burton has left plenty of Canaries fans annoyed with head coach Daniel Farke.
The German opted to make sweeping changes to the team which won 2-0 at Birmingham City on Boxing Day, with a home game against Millwall to soon follow on Monday.
Grant Hanley and James Husband returned in defence in place of Timm Klose and youngster Jamal Lewis, who both started on the bench.
Harrison Reed came in for Alex Tettey alongside Tom Trybull in holding midfield, with Marley Watkins, Mario Vrancic and Wes Hoolahan in the attacking midfield roles in place of James Maddison, Alex Pritchard and Josh Murphy.
It resulted in a disjointed performance against a struggling Burton sides amid wet and windy conditions at the Pirelli Stadium.
The point at least moved City up three places to 13th in the Championship table but adds pressure to the New Year's Day meeting with Millwall, who thumped Farke's team 4-0 at The Den in August.
Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 10 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia