STARTING XIs: Buendia fit enough to start for City against Forest
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia has shaken off a dead leg to retain his starting place for Norwich City's home clash with Nottingham Forest this afternoon.
Buendia limped off after 20 minutes of Saturday's 1-0 win at Blackburn after a heavy challenge but starts against Forest, with Mario Vrancic replacing the injured Moritz Leitner (ankle), who was also injured at Ewood Park, the only change to the starting XI.
The Canaries are unbeaten in 11 league matches and looking to keep pace with Leeds, who are a point clear at the top of the table ahead of a home clash with Blackburn today.
That defeat of Rovers thanks to a late Teemu Pukki winner means Daniel Farke's team have lost just one of the last 18 Championship matches, winning their last five games at Carrow Road.
Forest have made four changes to their team following a 1-0 defeat at Queens Park Rangers last time out, with defenders Michael Hefele and Danny Fox both fit to start, and Claudio Yacob and Matty Cash coming into midfield.
The visitors sit seventh in the table, three points adrift of the play-off places and 12 behind second-placed Norwich, after one win in their last five matches.
After drawing 5-5 at Aston Villa, Aitor Karanka's side beat lowly Ipswich 2-0 but have since lost 1-0 at home to Preston and QPR, either side of a 0-0 draw with local rivals Derby County.
- 1 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 2 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 3 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 4 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
- 5 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 6 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub
- 7 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 8 Organisers of Norfolk festival 'gutted' after cancelling due to fire risk
- 9 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after man made lewd comment
- 10 Dental woes worsen as town's troubled surgery closes permanently
Norwich: Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Godfrey, Lewis; Tettey (C), Vrancic; Buendia, Stiepermann, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Hanley, Klose, Trybull, Hernandez, Rhodes, Srbeny
Forest: Pantilimon; Darikwa, Hefele, Fox (C), Robinson; Yacob, Colback; Cash, Carvalho, Lolley; Grabban. Subs: Steele (GK), Guedioura, Watson, Murphy, Osborn, Janko, Dias
Referee: John Brooks (Leicestershire)