Another stroppy display from Oliveira during City’s victory in Bristol following reported bid from Derby
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our latest Norwich City player watch followed the fortunes of striker Nelson Oliveira during the Canaries' 1-0 win at Bristol City, following reports of an £8million bid from Derby for the Portugal international. Here's how his game unfolded...
3 – Easily beaten in the air by Aden Flint to an Angus Gunn goal-kick, starting off in a front two with Josh Murphy, with James Maddison just behind.
4 – Holds up well on halfway under pressure from Flint, sets Lewis away on the left but Murphy is crowded out.
5 – Holds the ball up on halfway with Joe Bryan at his back, tackled by the left-back, tries to win back possession but Liam Walsh gets away from him.
6 – Frank Fielding has to come out of his box as Mario Vrancic's long ball doesn't quite roll inside, Oliveira forces the keeper to shank a clearance out for a throw.
You may also want to watch:
16 – Ivo Pinto takes a short throw but Oliveira can't control. Soon after wins ball back from Bryan but Pinto sees two crosses blocked.
20 – Drops back to help out Vrancic, steps in to dispossess Pack as he's about to run towards the box.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
27 – Controls Bailey Wright's clearance in his own half but is robbed by Jamie Paterson, who just wanted the ball more.
32 – Huge chance, Lewis wins the ball, Murphy turns on halfway and Vrancic sets Oliveira one-v-one against Aden Flint, he tries to cut onto his right in the box and is blocked before being crowded out.
45+1 – Bursts clean through but inexplicably pulls low shot wide of left post with just Frank Fielding to beat.
53 – Tries to reach Hanley's headed clearance but beaten in the air by Baker. Same again soon after from a Gunn goal-kick, as City persist with putting balls in the air towards him.
59 – Receives Maddison pass on the edge of the Bristol box, steps over then spreads left to allow Lewis to win a corner.
70 – Pinto attempts a one-two infield but Oliveira gets it all wrong and passes the ball out of play.
75 – Nice one-two with Murphy on the edge of the Bristol box but puts just too much on the pass and Fielding beats Murphy to the ball.
79 – Runs into the channel and shows frustration as Lewis doesn't play him into the left channel.
83 – Booked for a heavy challenge on Flint as frustration shows.
90 - Maddison plays Pinto down the right and then Oliveira gets in his way.
90+ 5 – Replaced by Sean Raggett
Verdict: Another stroppy performance from a player who hasn't looked happy for a while, some poor touches and not hitting the target with his chance in the first half was simply unacceptable. If he's not totally on board, City should cash in.
Rating: 6 out of 10