Bristol boss Millen: Only victory over Norwich City will do
Bristol City boss Keith Millen has warned his players they must be able to deal with the pressure of a 'must win' match against Norwich City.
Millen's team earned a creditable 0-0 draw at Burnley last Saturday but lost 3-1 at Portsmouth on Tuesday night, dropping to second from bottom of the table.
Millen told his club's official website: 'It's a must win game, it is. If players can't handle the pressure of a must win match then they won't be involved. That's how important it is now. We need to take the positives from our last two away games and put that into a performance and a first win at home on Saturday.'
The Robins were backed by more than 1,000 fans at Fratton Park and Millen urged supporters to continue to rally behind the players this weekend.
'Our fans were tremendous, in terms of numbers and their vocal support throughout the game at Portsmouth,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm sure they will have seen enough chances created to be excited, albeit mixed with disappointment from another defeat.
'The important thing is everyone pulls together this weekend and really rallies to get this first home win.'
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000