Brighton sign Norwich City’s Andrew Crofts
Norwich City midfielder Andrew Crofts has rejoined Brighton on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
The 28-year-old has returned to the Championship club two years after leaving for Carrow Road.
Crofts told The Brighton Argus: 'As soon as I heard about the interest from Brighton it was one that really took my fancy.
'I wanted to come back and be part of what the club is looking to do.
'Ever since I moved I have kept in contact wih a lot of people at Brighton.
You may also want to watch:
As soon as my game at Norwich had finished I was straight on the text to see how Brighton were getting on.'
Brighton manager Gus Poyet told the club's official website: 'When we knew about the possibility to bring him back we worked very hard to do that, and it took a few weeks, but we are very pleased to have him.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
'We respected his career and helped him when there was interest from Norwich two years ago, and he went on to become a very good Championship player, as well as proving himself in the Premier League.
'Now I am delighted to have him back and he is going to be a very important player for us. We were always looking to bring experienced players who know this division and the Premiership, and Crofty has all of that.
'He is coming back to a club that he knows and he was happy to come back - that shows his commitment. I know how much he cares about winning football games. He leads by example and we want players like that on the pitch.'