Braintree Town sign Norwich City youngster Ebou Adams on loan
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City youngster Ebou Adams has joined National League side Braintree Town on loan.
The 20-year-old midfielder has joined the Essex side on an initial short-term loan but Braintree hope the deal will be extended until the end of the season.
Adams signed for the Canaries late in the transfer window at the start of 2016 after progressing through the academy system at National League South club Dartford.
He signed an initial 18-month contract which is due to run out at the end of the current season and is yet to feature for the Norwich first team.
The energetic midfielder has made 16 appearances for City's under-23s so far this season, scoring the final goal in a 4-1 thrashing of MK Dons in the Checkatrade Trophy group stages at Carrow Road last month.
He also made nine appearances for the Canaries' development squad in the second half of last season and described his move in February as 'a dream come true' when speaking to City's website.
'I'd describe myself as a box-to-box midfielder because I like to get about the pitch,' Adams said at the time. 'My game is about working hard, and that's what I need to do now to push on again.'
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 5 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 6 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 7 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 8 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 9 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 10 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
FA Youth Cup fourth round
Norwich City Under-18s face a trip to Burnley in the fourth round of the FA Youth Cup.
The young Canaries were awaiting the result of the third round clash between Burnley and Bradford, which was played last night, with the Clarets winning 2-0 at Turf Moor.
Details of the fixture have not yet been confirmed but all fourth round ties have to be played no later than Saturday, January 14.