Bradley Johnson signs new Norwich City contract
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder Bradley Johnson has signed a new three-and-a-half year contract.
The 27-year-old former Leeds man has been one of City's best performers since relegation to the Championship, scoring eight goals in 28 league games, and has been rewarded for his efforts with a new deal.
'I'm over the moon as I've already said how much I love the club and how much I've enjoyed my time here,' Johnson told Norwich City TV.
'I've got some good memories of playing here, and I want to make some more now by hopefully getting promoted this year. I believe this is a Premier League Club, and I've always said that.
'It was disappointing we got relegated but we're on a good run and still in the mix to be promoted. That's one of the reasons I signed; because I believe we will be.
You may also want to watch:
'I want to play in the Premier League. I had three great years there with Norwich City, and I want more.'
Johnson has made 133 appearances in all competitions for the Canaries since signing on a free transfer in the summer of 2011, scoring 14 goals.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
City boss Alex Neil added: 'Bradley has been one of our most consistent players since I've been here and we're delighted to have secured his services with this new contract.
'He's strong, he's committed and he scores goals from midfield too, as he's shown so far this season. I'm sure he'll continue to be a big player for us.'