Bradley Johnson’s goal glut at Norwich City is music to Neil Adams’ ears
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Bradley Johnson's goal glut in a new wide role for Norwich City is music to Neil Adams' ears.
The Canaries' chief opted to bring the midfielder back in from the cold prior to the festive spell and Johnson has rewarded his faith with five goals in the last four Championship matches to match his career best tally of seven for the season.
Johnson appears to be flourishing on the left of City's midfield after spending the majority of his time at Carrow Road in the engine room.
'There was a little bit of criticism when we switched him to the left of midfield but the pleasing thing with most of these players is they don't query decisions, they don't sulk,' said Adams. 'Bradley is one who would play in goal and give everything he has got if you asked him to do that. He has the energy to get box-to-box, he has the energy to get up in support when we go down the right. He's in a rich vein of goalscoring form and you can see how confident he is with the goals he has scored. If he wasn't he would look to take a touch and steady himself. By doing that you might take away a bit of the time you have to get the shot away and he can't half strike a ball with his left. We see it in training every day.'
Johnson's screamer failed to avoid a 2-1 Championship defeat at Reading last weekend but Adams knows his side need to display the same clinical edge to gatecrash the promotion mix after failing to cash in too often this season.
You may also want to watch:
'You only have to refer back to the Carrow Road home games against Reading, Rotherham or Leeds,' he said. 'We felt we could do better in all of those because we created plenty of chances and didn't take them.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed