Ex-Norwich City star Bradley Johnson available for Derby County at Carrow Road
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Norwich City midfielder Bradley Johnson is in line for a return to Carrow Road on Saturday after serving a four-game ban for biting.
Johnson was punished after an incident during Derby's game against Stoke City in late November when he appeared to bite Joe Allen. The match officials missed the incident, but TV didn't.
Johnson denied an FA charge of violent conduct while the Stoke player said he had not been bitten. But the FA found Johnson guilty and banned him for four games – he had already accumulated his fifth yellow card of the season which ruled him out for an extra game.
Johnson missed Derby's games against Swansea, Wigan Athletic, Nottingham Forest, Bristol City and Sheffield United. They won the first two, drew the second two, then lost 3-1 on Boxing Day.
Derby have two other former Norwich players in their squad – Alex Pearce and Andrew Wisdom, who had loan spells at Carrow Road, but have been out of favour under Rams boss Frank Lampard.
You may also want to watch:
Pearce hasn't featured since the opening day of the season when he was a substitute in the win at Reading, while Wisdom has started just five Championship games, including on Boxing Day.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls