MATCHDAY RECAP: Norwich win ugly to move 10 points clear at the summit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Sometimes in football, you have to win ugly, regardless of the ae of your preferred brand of football. That's what Norwich City did to gain three points against Birmingham - and you can recap all the action, analysis and reaction from our Canaries correspondents through our matchday blog.
Teemu Pukki continued his rich vein of goalscoring form to add another two to his tally, making it six goals in his last four matches for Norwich. Ollie Skipp's first professional goal made the scoreline more convincing in stoppage time.
Birmingham made the league leaders work hard for their victory and were the dominant force in stages of the fixture. The Blues eventually ran out of steam, allowing the Canaries to grow into the game before they snatched three points to move 10 points clear at the top of the Championship.
Pukki atoned for his missed spot-kick during the first-half, with Ivan Sanchez equalising before the interval for the hosts.
It is the first time since the 2002/03 season that the Canaries have faced two different sides at the same ground in the league, when they visited Selhurst Park twice to play Crystal Palace and Wimbledon.
The pressure on Blues boss Aitor Karanka was eased after a crucial 1-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
Mario Vrancic's late strike at Carrow Road ensured Farke's side recorded all three points back in October. The Canaries' boss revealed after the game that Karanka had apologised for the overly defensive approach his side adopted on the night.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 4 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 7 'Unsatisfactory and dangerous situation' - Man frustrated by unlit roadwork
- 8 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 9 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 10 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
- You can follow all the action with Connor Southwell via our live blog above, starting with the team news at 6pm.