Highlights: Watch Hernandez spark the celebrations in front of travelling City fans at St Andrew’s
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Championship season got off to an exciting start for Norwich City and now you can re-live the Canaries' dramatic 2-2 draw at Birmingham.
Daniel Farke's team fell behind to a fine strike from Jacques Maghoma early in the second half and saw Jordan Rhodes miss a golden chance but drew level through Onel Hernandez with seven minutes remaining.
Hernandez went close to nicking a winner for the visitors, only for the Blues to seemingly grab the points in the 90th minute when Viv Solomon-Otoabor fired under Tim Krul after bursting beyond the City defence.
However, Cuban winger Hernandez was not to be denied and slotted home in the fourth minute of injury time after good support play from Dennis Srbeny, to send over 2,300 Canaries fans into wild celebrations at the end of the game.
Next up for Farke's side is a first home game of the season on Saturday, when recently relegated West Brom head for Carrow Road, fresh from a 2-1 home loss to Bolton in which Norwich loanee Yanic Wildschut scored the winner from close range in the 89th minute.
• Watch highlights of City's draw at Birmingham above
- 1 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 2 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 3 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 4 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 5 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 6 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Part of Norfolk Coast Path to close for seven weeks
- 9 'Genuine shock' after biker killed in town centre hit-and-run
- 10 'Foodie Fortnight' to celebrate opening of new food hall in Norwich