Highlights: Watch Hernandez spark the celebrations in front of travelling City fans at St Andrew’s
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Championship season got off to an exciting start for Norwich City and now you can re-live the Canaries' dramatic 2-2 draw at Birmingham.
Daniel Farke's team fell behind to a fine strike from Jacques Maghoma early in the second half and saw Jordan Rhodes miss a golden chance but drew level through Onel Hernandez with seven minutes remaining.
Hernandez went close to nicking a winner for the visitors, only for the Blues to seemingly grab the points in the 90th minute when Viv Solomon-Otoabor fired under Tim Krul after bursting beyond the City defence.
However, Cuban winger Hernandez was not to be denied and slotted home in the fourth minute of injury time after good support play from Dennis Srbeny, to send over 2,300 Canaries fans into wild celebrations at the end of the game.
Next up for Farke's side is a first home game of the season on Saturday, when recently relegated West Brom head for Carrow Road, fresh from a 2-1 home loss to Bolton in which Norwich loanee Yanic Wildschut scored the winner from close range in the 89th minute.
You may also want to watch:
• Watch highlights of City's draw at Birmingham above
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 4 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: 'Major bid' submitted for Armstrong
- 10 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in