Betting: One goal may be enough to decide a tight contest between Norwich City and Wigan
A Wes Hoolahan equaliser just before half-time was enough to secure a point for Norwich in a 1-1 draw when they played Wigan at the DW Stadium in a predictably tight opening game of the campaign.
The pair have met only three times in the league, but given Wigan's desperate position at the foot of the table, shrewd punters have been supporting another close outcome in Sunday's reverse fixture at Carrow Road.
Home advantage ensures that City kick off as Ladbrokes' understandable 10/11 favourites to claim maximum points, with the visitors priced at a hefty-looking 7/2 by Stan James. The stalemate is offered at 13/5 by Partybets. Wigan's need for points is undoubtedly greater than their hosts, but City are keen to finish in the top half of the table and a win will strengthen their belief that such a target is achievable.
Nonetheless, Boylesports' even money price for the opening half to conclude on level terms has attracted considerable support, as has Betfred's 4/5 odds marked in favour of both sides scoring.
According to Skybet, Norwich are a 12/5 shot to win when kicking off with a one-goal deficit and Blue Square price Paul Lambert's men at 8/11 to open the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
One successful strike could be sufficient to claim maximum points and bet365 post an attractive 13/5 about the Canaries enjoying a one goal margin of victory.
In other markets, BetVictor.com consider the chances of it ending as a score draw as a 4/1 shot , while more precise backers may prefer William Hill's 11/2 posted against it finishing 1-1.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
If a winner is to emerge, most punters are expecting it to be by a single goal, a belief which adds appeal to Partybets' 13/2 for Norwich to secure a 1-0 victory and to Paddy Power's 7/2 posted in favour of City claiming maximum points following a drawn opening half.