Betting: Norwich City favourites to secure three points against Swansea City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images
Nerves, pressure and fatigue begin to play an increasingly important role in the outcome of matches as we near the end of the season and all three are likely to be on display when Norwich City play host to Swansea City tomorrow.
The Canaries have won only one of their last 14 league matches and while they clearly relish their trips to South Wales, having beaten the Swans 4-3 and 3-2 on their previous two visits, it's at Carrow Road where they need to start accumulating points.
They beat the Welsh side 3-1 at Carrow Road last term, so they have won each of their last three meetings, hence BetVictor.com install them as 6/4 favourites to secure three vital points.
Swansea have failed to secure a point from their last three league games, a record which explains Ladbrokes' 2/1 price for them to win. However, it's noticeable that this fixture produces a significantly lower-than-average number of draws, though it regularly yields plenty of goals. A score-draw is priced at 3/1 by bet365, although Stan James's 13/5 for it to finish all square cannot be discounted.
Not surprisingly, punters have opted to support close outcomes, with bet365's 13/10, posted in favour of it finishing level at 45 minutes, proving particularly popular. In an adjacent market, William Hill chalk 2/1 about the first half ending goalless.
Elsewhere, Coral offer 8/11 about both teams scoring, while Paddy Power chalks even money against the game producing two to three goals. Stan James considers the chances of Norwich opening the scoring at 4/5.
The Canaries have an opportunity to almost secure their top-flight berth, but there is little doubt it will be close.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 4 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 5 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 6 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 7 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 8 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 9 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
- 10 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
Punters who agree can get 9/2 (bet365) against City emerging victorious following a drawn first half, while Skybet's 11/4 for Chris Hughton's men to enjoy a one-goal margin of victory has been well backed. Apart form a 1-1 draw (6/1, Stan James), the most popular outcome in the correct score market is a 1-0 home win, priced at a thumping 17/2 by BetVictor.com.