Betting: No pressure on Norwich City as they visit Blackburn Rovers
The Canaries will be delighted they're 14 points clear of the relegation scrap with just four Premier League matches remaining. Heading north to play a Blackburn team in serious danger of dropping into the Championship with their own top-flight berth effectively secured ensures that City's players are under absolutely no pressure.
Mind you, Norwich will be keen to improve upon the 3-3 draw they achieved when hosting Rovers at Carrow Road in October. Paul Lambert's charges were 3-1 down with eight minutes remaining and the spirit they showed that day has stood them in good stead throughout the campaign.
However, Blackburn's desperate plight means they start as Stan James's 11/10 favourites to secure the three points that could conceivably see them draw level with QPR. Norwich, by contrast, kick off as Coral's 11/4 underdogs to secure maximum points.
Punters anticipating another hatful of goals could be in for a profitable afternoon. Paddy Power offer 4/6 about the match yielding more than 2.5 goals, while bet365 post 11/10 against the game's total goal minutes exceeding 155.
Backers expecting another tight affair may also fancy the look of Skybet's 12/5 odds marked in favour of it finishing with honours even. Meanwhile, Blue Square chalk an intriguing 11/10 against the first half ending in stalemate.
In other markets, Coral post 5/1 against the teams finishing each half on level terms, while Ladbrokes offer an enormous 8/1 against Norwich emerging victorious following a drawn first half.
In BetVictor's handicap market, the Canaries are offered at 4/6 to win when kicking off with a one-goal advantage, while bet365 post 4/1 against them enjoying a one-goal margin of victory without any artificial assistance.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 5 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 6 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 7 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 8 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 9 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?
Given Blackburn's perilous situation, it would appear that few punters anticipate a goalfest. Paddy Power report 'steady' support for their 3/1 odds against City keeping a clean sheet, while William Hill post 10/1 against a 1-0 away win.