Betting - Draw between Norwich City and Liverpool proves a popular bet
It's likely that at the start of the new season, had you offered Norwich the opportunity to be a point ahead of Liverpool in the Premier League table after five matches, they would have taken it.
They are, but the only problem is that both teams are currently at the wrong end of the division having failed to muster a single league win between them in 10 attempts.
City's misery continued last Sunday when they succumbed to an early Newcastle goal and never recovered. Meanwhile, Liverpool were losing at home to Manchester United despite outplaying them for 85 minutes. It's little consolation for either side that four of their respective five league defeats have been by narrow margins, though this record does suggest tomorrow's encounter at Carrow Road will be close.
City kick off priced as bet365's 11/4 underdogs, while Liverpool, who won the corresponding fixture 3-0 last season, are installed as BetVictor's 10/11 favourites. Under the circumstances, it's no surprise to learn that Skybet's 5/2, chalked against the draw, has proved enormously popular.
Liverpool have won three of the pair's last four encounters, with just one ending with honours even. On this occasion, a 1-1 outcome, priced at 11/2 by Paddy Power, cannot be ignored, while those mindful of the fact that the visitors are yet to retain a clean sheet in the league may fancy BetVictor's colossal 14/1 chalked against it finishing 2-2.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Stan James considers the chances of the fixture yielding more than 2.5 goals to be a 4/5 shot and in bet365's handicap market, City can be backed at even money to win when handed the benefit of a one-goal start.
Backers who fancy the Canaries will require no artificial assistance can get 11/1 (William Hill) against them securing a much-needed 1-0 win which, given the visitors' propensity to lose by the narrowest margins, looks a generous price.
- 1 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 2 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 9 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
In other markets, Ladbrokes' 8/1 for City to emerge victorious following a drawn opening half appears worthy of further consideration as there could be great merit backing a closer encounter.