Betting: Do not rule out away draw for Norwich City at Everton
Although they are yet to lose at home, Everton appear to have run into a Premier League cul-de-sac, playing well but getting nowhere, and they welcome an in-form Norwich City side to Goodison Park tomorrow in what promises to be an entertaining encounter.
Yet despite securing only one win in their last half-dozen outings, it's Everton who kick off as William Hill's odds-on 4/9 favourites, whereas Norwich, who have won three and drawn two of their last five, head to Merseyside priced as Stan James' enormous 7/1 outsiders.
The pair drew twice when they met last term and another draw, offered at 10/3 by Skybet, cannot be discounted, especially as the Blues have drawn four of their last six league matches.
However, it would be fair to say that the Canaries travel north with the wind in their sails following last weekend's victory over Manchester United.
That 1-0 win now means that City boast five clean sheets, the Premier League's best record – with Stoke and West Ham – yet they're a surprisingly lengthy 7/1 at BetVictor.com to prevent Everton from scoring. Meanwhile, in bet365's handicap market, Norwich are 13/8 to win when handed a one-goal start.
You may also want to watch:
Granted, Norwich are yet to register a league win on the road and have managed just three away goals all season, but then, very few people gave them much chance of winning last weekend.
Accordingly, punters anticipating another gutsy City performance against a big-name club may fancy taking a look at the half-time/full-time markets, where Paddy Power rate the chances of both halves finishing level as a 13/2 shot. Stan James chalk a massive 14/1 about Norwich winning after a drawn opening half.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 4 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 7 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 8 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 9 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 10 Bleach thrown at woman from passing car
Elsewhere, bet365's 11/10 for the game's total goal minutes to exceed 155 is worthy of further consideration and Ladbrokes' 8/1 chalked against a 1-1 outcome looks a tad too frothy. Backers expecting another Norwich victory can get a massive 20/1 (BetVictor.com) against them winning 1-0.