Betting: Do not rule out another 1-1 draw for Norwich City
Although both league matches involving Norwich and Newcastle produced conclusive results when they met last season, the recent propensity for both teams to draw means that Stan James' 23/10 for today's duel at St James' Park to conclude with honours even cannot be discounted.
Norwich make the long journey north priced as BetVictor's massive 4/1 outsiders and, while they may not have recorded a Premier League victory so far this term, those odds look far too frothy.
Newcastle, who showed remarkable resilience against Everton at Goodison Park last time out, snatching a last- minute equaliser, kick off as Skybet's 4/6 favourites, but punters' interest in the stalemate is evident across a variety of markets.
For example, Ladbrokes chalk 4/1 against both halves finishing on level terms and Paddy Power offer 7/1 against it ending 1-1, the most popular outcome in the match's correct score market.
Elsewhere, bet365's 6/1 for Norwich to win by a margin of one goal looks very good value, although BetVictor's 19/5 chalked against the probability of it ending as a score draw also catches the eye.
Norwich lost the corresponding fixture 1-0 last season, but punters who suspect the Canaries are capable of reversing that result can get 6/4 (Stan James) about them opening the scoring.
It is not as though most backers are anticipating a goalfest, though, an attitude which accounts for the 11/10 price offered by Skybet about the match yielding fewer than 2.5 goals.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 5 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
City have been frustrated by four London-based teams so far this term. Perhaps a change of scenery as they head north will result in a welcome victory.
Uncertain punters may fancy the look of bet365's 12/1 chalked against a goalless outcome, though more positive types may fancy the 14/1 offered by BetVictor.com for the Canaries to register a 1-0 win.