Betting: Can the sun shine on Norwich City at Arsenal?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images
On a national scale of thrilling day trips, a springtime visit to north London probably doesn't rate too highly.
However, Norwich City travel south less conscious of how the Emirates Stadium might look in the forecast sunshine and considerably more focused on securing at least a point. But tomorrow's jaunt will be far from easy, as their status as bet365's 12/1 underdogs suggests.
City somehow managed to win 1-0 when they hosted Arsenal at Carrow Road in October, despite enjoying just 28pc possession and winning only two corners to the Gunners' 10. That result, coupled with a marvellous 3-3 draw at the Emirates last season, would suggest the Canaries are capable of registering another point, particularly as they've drawn six of their last nine matches.
However, Arsenal (2/9, William Hill) are in the middle of a fine run, having won four of their last five league fixtures, although they've kept only one clean sheet during the same period. They'll offer a stern test for City, a conclusion which adds further appeal to Stan James' 11/2 price posted about the stalemate.
Given Norwich's propensity to draw, Paddy Power's 11/4 for the first 45 minutes to finish goalless looks decent value and Ladbrokes' massive 10/1 odds for both halves to end on level terms deserves a similar description.
You may also want to watch:
However, in contrast to last season's compelling contest, fewer backers anticipate a goalfest and plenty have been content to take Coral's 6/4 for the match to yield fewer than 2.5 goals.
It follows that the first goal could prove crucial and Stan James consider Norwich a 3/1 shot to notch it.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
As Arsenal chase a Champions League berth and City seek to secure enough points to confirm their top-flight status, it promises to be a tight, low-scoring affair, although the most popular result in the correct score markets is a 2-0 win for Arsenal (6/1, Skybet). A 1-1 draw is priced at 14/1 by BetVictor.com and punters anticipating a stalemate may fancy the look of bet365's 21/20 for Norwich to win when handed the advantage of a two-goal start – enough, perhaps, to wrap up an satisfying away trip.