Betting: Bookies are banking on enthralling encounter between West Brom and Norwich City
Ten top-flight games without defeat is a record to be proud of and the team boasting such a record, Norwich, head to The Hawthorns tomorrow for what promises to be a compelling encounter.
The Canaries won the corresponding fixture last term and on current form, quite a few punters are backing them at 10/3 (Stan James) to repeat the feat this weekend.
Yet Albion, without a win in four attempts, will fancy the chances of bringing their miserable run to an end, an outcome bookies favour with BetVictor.com installing them as even money favourites to register three points.
West Brom have conceded just six goals at The Hawthorns this term, yet Paddy Power offer 4/6 about both teams scoring, a bet which also reflects the support shown elsewhere for the draw.
For example, William Hill chalk 9/2 against both halves finishing level and BetVictor.com price a score draw at 19/5; meanwhile bet365 post 23/10 against the match draw. Yet Norwich's determination has been a feature of their fine run, which probably explains why each one of their league victories have been by a single goal. They're 5/1 with Ladbrokes to register another one goal margin of victory tomorrow and a massive 12/1 with bet365 to record a 1-0 win.
You may also want to watch:
Of course, City's propensity to draw away from home cannot be ignored and as four of their five stalemates have finished 1-1, Stan James's 6/1 for it to end one apiece has, not surprisingly, attracted plenty of support.
In other markets, bet365 post 6/5 about the game's total goal minutes exceeding 150 and as either side has managed to keep just five clean sheets each, the likelihood is we're in for goals.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
In a subtle twist on the 'side to score first' wager (Norwich are 13/8 with BetVictor.com to open the scoring), Skybet offer a 'team to score last' market in which the Canaries are priced at 6/4. Who would bet against it being the winner? If such a scenario sounds likely, then Stan James's 14/1 for Norwich to win 2-1 appears worthy of greater attention.