Nearly there – Medical primed for Canaries third summer signing
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Wolves winger Ben Marshall is closing in on a switch to Norwich City, with his medical at Colney today.
The 27-year-old wide man is believed to have agreed to join the Canaries this summer from Wanderers, despite stiff competition for his services – led by Millwall.
The Lions had reportedly bid £1.5m for Marshall's services, however Norwich look to have beaten them to his signature – which will hopefully arrive following a successful medical.
An option as a right-winger and perhaps most pertinently at right wing-back, Marshall would become City's third signing of the summer alongside a permanent return for Moritz Leitner and the summer-opening arrival of Argentine playmaker Emi Buendía.
The Canaries have already sold wide players in the shape of Josh Murphy (£10m-plus) to Cardiff and Marley Watkins to Bristol City (£1.3m) this current transfer window, while Yanic Wildschut is also expected to leave this window should the right suitor come along.
Former Stoke academy product Marshall spent the second half of last season on loan at Millwall, helping the Lions chase a Championship play-off place.
He scored three goals and assisted another five in just 16 games, as Neil Harris's side finished an impressive eighth in the table – and Millwall pushed hard to make that move permanent this window.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 5 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 6 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 7 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 8 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 9 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?
Marshall – who was also a trainee at Manchester United and Crewe – has played for Wolves, Leicester and notably enjoyed a four-year spell at Blackburn, where he was a team-mate alongside current City centre-back Grant Hanley.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…