Nearly there – Medical primed for Canaries third summer signing
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Wolves winger Ben Marshall is closing in on a switch to Norwich City, with his medical at Colney today.
The 27-year-old wide man is believed to have agreed to join the Canaries this summer from Wanderers, despite stiff competition for his services – led by Millwall.
The Lions had reportedly bid £1.5m for Marshall's services, however Norwich look to have beaten them to his signature – which will hopefully arrive following a successful medical.
An option as a right-winger and perhaps most pertinently at right wing-back, Marshall would become City's third signing of the summer alongside a permanent return for Moritz Leitner and the summer-opening arrival of Argentine playmaker Emi Buendía.
The Canaries have already sold wide players in the shape of Josh Murphy (£10m-plus) to Cardiff and Marley Watkins to Bristol City (£1.3m) this current transfer window, while Yanic Wildschut is also expected to leave this window should the right suitor come along.
You may also want to watch:
Former Stoke academy product Marshall spent the second half of last season on loan at Millwall, helping the Lions chase a Championship play-off place.
He scored three goals and assisted another five in just 16 games, as Neil Harris's side finished an impressive eighth in the table – and Millwall pushed hard to make that move permanent this window.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 4 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 8 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
Marshall – who was also a trainee at Manchester United and Crewe – has played for Wolves, Leicester and notably enjoyed a four-year spell at Blackburn, where he was a team-mate alongside current City centre-back Grant Hanley.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…